Monday, August 3, 2009

Will you still love me tomorrow?

Thought have been hanging on my mind for quite some time,
And I'm longing for a bit of clarity.
I know that today, you're mine completely,
but what about tomorrow?
If I were to give you my everything, would you still be in love with me?
Will you still love me when I'm vulnerable,
and when I just need to cry?
Will you stand somewhere nearby?
If I were to say to you "I need you,"
would you come, or would it be yet another game of taboo?
I don't ask much of you,
and my requests are simple.
All I ask is for honesty, respect, and devotion.
And don't let your pride overcome your emotions.
Will you love me as years pass?
Or when you see that another woman's looks are something mine can no longer surpass?
With each morning, comes a new outlook;
Will I still be the princess in your storybook?
Will you still love me tomorrow if we don't have a romance like that of "The Notebook"?
So, answer me honestly, 
because it's taking a lot out of me.
Will you still love me tomorrow?

1 comment:

  1. As I sit here and read the words of my long time childhood friend, I can do nothing but admire your growth as a writer/poet. Your gift shines clearly through each line that I read as they keep my attention and engage my mind. I'm proud of you hun. Very few pieces have that effect on me. Love you.
    -Rae-

    ReplyDelete