Friday, July 24, 2009

Black in America: Part 2 - Hateration Nation

*****In advanced, I'd like to take the time out to say that it is never my intention to discourage you, but rather to encourage you. Encourage you not only to change your thinking, but in turn to change your life.*****


I'm sure everyone is familiar with those little people I'd like to call haters, correct? Well in this blog I'd like to not only address them, but the people they hate on. My main focus, however, is the hating that occurs in the black community.

I'm sorry that I always have to go here, but black people just love to hate on each other! And that's the honest truth. I find it so heartbreaking that we always feel the need to break each other down in their endeavors rather than to support one another. Many of us as a community fail to realize that if we worked together as one, we would be able to literally take over the world. Rather than "knocking someones hustle," or discouraging them, why not send a little bit of praise their way? Will it kill you to acknowledge someone who's doing well? Please... spare me the nonsense!

The worst part about this whole thing is that it's not just in the secular world like you think it would be. I can honestly say that a lot of the hateration occurs here by the hypocritical society we call the church. Also known as the people we see as our advisers, and leaders. You would think that the same people who are asking for your money, would take some time to invest in the people who make their jobs possible. Now please don't take what I'm saying wrong, because many and most of our spiritual leaders are amazing and truly inspiring in what they do. However, there are others who think of it as a glamorous job in which they talk about hell, and damnation, and in turn, their words will lead people to Christ. Instead, these words force people as far away as possible from the church, and into other religions (I'm NOT mad at you if you choose to place your faith elsewhere. Honestly, I can understand it.)

I find that in other communities such as the Jewish, Asian, and Italian communities, that they all support one another. Sometimes even with a simple friendly competition. From a young age, they are taught to support each other regardless of whether or not they actually like the other. They exhibit a non-selfish type of love and respect for one another.

As for the people being subject to a constant attempt at a hindrance to your success, don't allow it to stop you. Keep on believing and succeeding. You are your own worst enemy; so if you become engulfed in the negativity, you are nothing but a hindrance to your own self. Keep your head to the sky, and always remember to let your haters be your motivation!


Another work of DiViNE ENERGY !
Much LOVE and ENCOURAGEMENT to all who read,
Tresa Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment