Friday, September 11, 2009

Do You Love Me... Really?

In the world we live in today, we come across many people who we think we know very well. We also come across people who think they know us. In all actuality, there is a limit as to who you can call a "friend". Some say that friends are a dime a dozen, but true friends come your way once in a magenta moon. Over time, and as we grow older, many but not all of us learn that there are not many people who truly have your best interest at heart. They may claim they do, but when it all falls down, those same people are the first ones who leave your side. The people who one should call friends are the same ones who don't fail you. Those same people who even in you darkest hour, they're there just as a sign of comfort. Friends are the ones who will tell you about yourself, but only mean it out of love. Even in the face of an argument, a true friend will not allow nonsense to overshadow the value of a friendship. When you think about it, you'll find that a true friend not only expresses their love for you with words, but shows their love through selfless acts.

In personal experience, I've found that a lot of those who expressed "undying" love for me, really didn't love me as much as they said. Why you ask? Because when a problem arose, or when something occurred that they didn't like, they were the ones who dropped me like a hot potato. Do I feel some sort of animosity towards these people? No. Do I wish I had known of the end result before hand? It is quite possible. I wish I would have been able to protect my heart from the pain of the loss of yet another person I loved. The fact of the matter is that if any one of these people who I called "friends" were to come to me honestly, and said "Tresa, I need you..." I would be there. Regardless of how things ended, if I considered someone a friend, they always have me as a shoulder to cry on or whatever the need be. Will I allow myself to be taken advantage of and hurt? Absolutely not, but I will always lend an ear, shoulder, love or my knowledge.

In my life, I've met some wonderful people. I only try to befriend genuine people who I see a light in. When first getting to know someone, they may underestimate my loyalty as a friend. There are many things in the world that are important to me, but the need a true friend exceeds many of them. In most cases, it shouldn't matter what one is doing. If you see that a friend is in need of love, give it to them. Other things can wait, but a friend can be gone in the blink of an eye.

Show those who you love that you love them. Don't just tell them when it's convenient. Don't fail those who would do anything for you. LOVE is the new movement, and even if you find that there's someone who you don't necessarily consider a friend is in need, spare them a moment of your time. Just a moment of your time goes a long way. Don't allow people to think of you as unkind, show you love to all. Regardless of if you like or agree with what they do. If you have been known to turn people away, change your ways. If I tell you "I need you," do not harden your heart. Rather show me the love you have within you. Do unto others as you would have done unto you. LOVE others because Christ first loved us.


Another work of DIVINE ENERGY!

I LOVE you all... sincerely.


No comments:

Post a Comment