I am a woman who doesn't share your same perception
I'm sorry for the things I can not change, and for the things I wish not to,
and I'm sorry for the way my words may sometimes anger you.
I ask for you to forgive me for the fact that I'm not the model in the magazine.
I'm sorry that sometimes, I let my emotions get to me.
I'm sorry that my hair doesn't come down my back,
and for the fact that I'm not society's definition of Black.
I apologize if I offend you with my knowledge,
and that I've been a lyrical prodigy since I became of school age.
Forgive me if i speak too freely
or if your simple minded words don't appease me.
I'm sorry if you're offended by my prolific compositions,
or the way my serious questions sometimes put you in a compromising position.
So very sorry if my looks don't amaze you,
or if my words of affection don't phase you.
I apologize for the fact that my mother raised me to be a woman of class and distinction,
and that I don't offer you ass and that I'm not your little sex kitten.
I'm sorry for my strong opinions,
and that you belittle yourself just a smidgen,
with your ignorance, and lack of appreciation,
for things like love, family, and education.
I'm sorry if my charisma is a burden to your overactive ego,
or that everyone is feelin' my steelo.
I'm sorry that I am me,
and I'm sorry that that's all that I can and will ever be.
I'm sorry that you can't appreciate the dynamics of me.
If you can't accept my apology, PEACE !

Apology accepted! lol. Awesome piece. :)
ReplyDelete-A. Lewis